Friday, July 1, 2011

DIY heart garland / North Carolina Wedding Garland

  Some wedding venues are so pretty, they need little decorations. When I decided to have my wedding at my grandparents historical farm house, I knew I didn't want to go overboard with decorations. I chose to make my own garland to hang on the fireplace mantles, over the reception food table, and down the banister to add some whimsy to the family home.

To make the garland I used:
  • A heart shaped hole punch 
  • A small hole punch
  • Two shades of green scrapbook paper
  • The pages of a dictionary I found at Goodwill
  • Dental floss (yes, dental floss)
I began by using the heart hole punch to punch tons of green and dictionary page hearts. After I had heart hole punched to my heart's content, I used the small hole punch to put a hole in the upper corner of each sweet little heart. Then the really delicate part of the whole project came, stringing each heart onto the minty dental floss. For each heart, I strung one on, tied three knots in the dental floss, then added another heart and did the same. It went fairly quickly and was a great activity while watching TV. 

Photos by Jeff Scott of J. Darren Photography

1 comment:

  1. So cute - I love the book pages!! Thanks so much for linking up! I am your newest follower!

    xoxo

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete